Goal #1: Evaluate the management and performance of each agency.
- Conduct evaluations on the management and performance of each agency on an annual basis.
- Determine if the departments are being effectively managed.
Goal #2: Provide strategic management and improve operational effectiveness for each department, agency, board and commission as assigned by the Mayor.
- Improve executive management capacity by providing advanced management training to all directors and deputies each fiscal year.
- Improve management effectiveness by developing and providing management-focused training to division heads.
- Project executive management to all levels of county operations by doing random on-site visits at county operating facilities and operations locations.
- Ensure clear and effective communication between executive level and all operational units.
- Ensure Countywide policies and procedures are relevant and applicable.
Goal #3: Provide oversight of adopted budget for operational departments, agencies, boards and commissions as assigned by the Mayor.
- All operating departments, agencies, boards and commissions effectively functioning within authorized budget parameters.
- All operating department agencies effectively functioning within stated performance goals.
Goal #4: Oversight of workplace safety.
- Improve workplace safety by increasing the level of organizational safety awareness through safety training to all county employees on a regular basis.
- Improve workplace safety by reducing instances of injuries in the workplace.
- Improve workplace safety and security by ensuring county facilities are fitted with video surveillance.
Goal #5: Promote and encourage renewable energy and energy efficiency throughout county operations.
- Support renewable energy alternatives by implementing renewable energy (non-grid) sources in county facilities.
- Support energy efficient alternatives by implementing energy efficient (non-grid) sources in county facilities.