Department of Environmental Management: Performance Measures
- Administration Program
- Wastewater Administration Program
- Wastewater Operations Program
- Solid Waste Administration Program
- Solid Waste Operations Program
- Environmental Protection and Sustainability Program
The Department of Environmental Management supports the following countywide outcome(s):
The best performance measures start conversations about organizational priorities, the allocation of resources, ways to improve performance, and offer an honest assessment of effectiveness.
FY 2017 Highlights:
- The Wastewater Administration Program increased public education on reliable wastewater infrastructure through conducting public presentations.
- The Wastewater Administration Program reduced the cost and power needed per every 1,000 gallons for collection, transportation, treatment & disposal of water.
- The Wastewater Program also met 100% of success measures related to providing timely maintenance of facilities and equipment for long-term efficiency and for providing reliable wastewater service.
- The Solid Waste Operations Program installed a new alternative energy system to help work towards the goal of generating and utilizing renewable energy at all active landfills.
Breaking Down Performance Measures
Performance Measures provide both overarching goals for programs that
adhere to the department's mission, and measurement level numerical data
to help departments assess their ability to implement
budget dollars effectively and serve the Maui community. The
following chart provides an extremely detailed breakdown of the
Department's performance measures. Scroll through to answer specific questions or explore
how the department measures success.