The Administration Program is responsible for the overall process of organizing, directing and overseeing of department’s resources effectively to ensure high performance and morale within the department. The Administration is responsible for representing the department at all official County Council meetings and manages the department in accordance with approved operating and capital budgets.
Goal #1: Develop strategies relating to short and long-term community concerns under the purview of the department by establishing clear directions and priorities, and identifying and monitoring capacity and resources within the department.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with all division heads.
- Review all bi-weekly reports submitted by division heads.
Goal #2: Promote collaboration with other departments and various community groups to provide technical assistance to the community.
- Conduct at least 20 meetings, trainings and activities with human services providers within the community annually.
- Resolve at least 12 technical assistance (TA) requests annually.
Goal #3: Facilitate and coordinate inter-agency and inter-departmental events and meetings on an on-going basis, and provide staff trainings and recognize employees’ accomplishments to promote efficiency and continuity within the department.
- Conduct at least six inter-agency and
inter-departmental meetings annually
- Advise staff of at least 20 training opportunities annually.
- Conduct at least four recognition events annually.
Goal #4: Support and encourage Maui County’s presence on statewide initiatives related to aging, housing, early childhood development and other human concern issues.
- Increase the # of meetings, events and trainings relating to statewide initiatives attended by staff.
- Maintain active participation in statewide coalitions.