Early Childhood Resource Program
The program’s mission is to guide and support the development and implementation of a coordinated system of early childhood services for young children in Maui County. This program serves providers and families engaged in meeting the needs of early childhood education in Maui County, specifically for children ages prenatal to eight.
Goal #1: Promote the development of a coordinated early learning and care system in Maui County by identifying and promoting shared goals, partnerships and resources to maximize accessibility and affordability of early childhood care and education services in the community.
- Continue and improve resource sharing through mobilization and coordination of partners.
- Maintain the # of meetings/ programs attended to discuss issues/challenges and successes of local and statewide early childhood programs each year.
- Collect pertinent data to create an early childhood resource map to identify gaps and justify needed services.
Goal #2: Improve, promote and assist Maui County's early childhood service community by providing accessible technical assistance, resource development and sharing.
- Maintain the # of early childhood providers that were reached, informed and encouraged to participate in professional development opportunities.
- Support the development, implementation and/or "spin off" of early childhood pilot programs in Maui County.
- Maintain the # of providers accessing technical assistance and resource linkage through the Maui County Early Childhood Resource Center.
Goal #3: Provide resources which are engaging to families with young children and the public that promote the importance and value of supporting healthy early childhood development.
- Enhance county's website related to early childhood services.
- Maintain and update resource materials and lending library.