Grants Management Program
The Grants Management Division (GMD) is responsible for the administration of DHHC grants appropriated for a wide range of community social service programs. Effective grants management services provide critical collaboration and support for organizations receiving grant funding and ensures an appropriate level of accountability for public funds.
Goal #1: Effectively administer funds appropriated by the County Council.
- Support the administration of grant award, agreement and disbursement.
- Conduct annual meetings to review and update grant management processes and procedures.
- Implement new policies and procedures within one year from the date of creation.
- Process and execute annual, bi-annual and carry-over grant agreements of county funds.
Goal #2: Assist in planning and implementing effective community programs to enhance the quality of life of Maui residents.
- Increase the # of applications processed for grants of real property.
- Increase the # of persons served through community programs offered annually.
Goal #3: Review, evaluate and monitor grantee program performance, contract compliance, and fiscal accountability.
- Increase the # of quarterly reports submitted by grantees.
Goal #4: Ensure that all grant applications, agreements and disbursements are executed accurately and expeditiously by providing technical assistance to the grantees.
- Increase # of technical assistance provided to grantees annually.