Office on Aging
The mission of the Office on Aging is to promote and protect the well-being of older adults in Maui County to ensure that Maui’s older adults are able to live independently in their homes for as long as possible. The Maui County Office on Aging (MCOA) serves as Maui County’s federally designated Area Agency on Aging, as mandated by the Older Americans Act. MCOA has made significant progress towards re-balancing the long term supports and services framework in order to achieve status as a fully functioning Aging and Disability Resource Center, thereby more efficiently assisting not only older adults, but also individuals of all ages with disabilities. Read below to learn more about the goals, objectives and measures the Office on Aging uses to measure success.
Goal #1: Empower older adults to stay healthy, active and socially engaged by providing public education and outreach programs.
- Increase the # of public presentations conducted annually.
- Increase the # of distributed information in written, oral and electronic form to the general public.
- Increase the # of class cycles provided and/or co-sponsored evidence-based programming annually.
Goal #2: Enable older adults to remain in their homes with a high quality of life through the provision of home- and community-based services, including support for family caregivers.
- Increase the # of relevant and effective person-centered programs provided annually to individuals and family caregivers.
- Increase the # of participants to Community Living Program (CLP) and Community-Based Care Transitions Program (CCTP).
- Increase the # of caregivers’ participation in evidence-based programming, training, services and support provided annually.
Goal #3: Develop Hawaii's Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) to its fully functioning capacity to serve as a highly visible and trusted place where all persons regardless of age, income and disability can find information on the full range of long-term support options.
- Increase the # of public events, cross-training and informational meetings conducted annually to promote community awareness of the ADRC.
- Increase the # of MOAs processed annually to strengthen ADRC partnerships.