The Senior Services Division provides a wide spectrum of programs and services for well, active, frail and home-bound senior citizens of Maui County to enable them to remain in their homes as they age and to experience their later years as the "best years." The Human Concerns Program's Senior Services is also funded by the Kaunoa Senior Services to collect fees from participants to help recover the costs for certain special events, activities and excursions.
Goal #1: Provide a variety of opportunities for our senior participants to learn new ideas, master new skills and live healthy, active and productive lives.
- Increase the participation rate for all health and wellness classes, activities and events offered annually at senior centers and congregate meals sites.
- Increase the participation rate for activities and events offered to encourage social interaction.
- Increase the # of meals provided in a supportive group setting (Congregate meals).
Goal #2: Provide volunteer opportunities through the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program for our senior participants to utilize their talents and abilities, and to better the lives of people in our community.
- Increase community awareness of the availability of volunteer opportunities.
- Increase the rate of volunteer opportunities that are in compliance with the RSVP Impact Focus Areas.
- Increase the # of survey participants.
Goal #3: Provide services to our frail and home-bound participants to enable safe aging and promote dignity in their own home.
- Maintain the rate of meals delivered before noon at 95% or higher.
- Maintain the rate of initial pickups provided on schedule at 95% or higher.
- Increase the # of safety checks provided annually.
- Increase the # of activities provided to promote social contact.