The Volunteer Center mobilizes volunteers to meet community needs, builds capacity of organizations to effectively engage volunteers, and inspires support for community service. Additionally, the Volunteer Center is a resource for volunteer leaders and managers to increase their knowledge of volunteer management best practices. We are a partner with the HandsOn Network, an enterprise of Points of Light Foundation, the largest network of 250 volunteer centers that extend to 16 countries around the world.
Goal #1: Promote public awareness and engage in volunteerism.
- Increase public awareness and engagement in volunteerism.
- Increase recruitment of community volunteers by conducting annual volunteer expos.
Goal #2: Support and strengthen community volunteer programs and build capacity through effective local volunteering.
- Increase the # of participants on Annual Volunteer Leadership Training conducted.
- Maintain a consistent # of Volunteer Hero nominations and recognitions.
Goal #3: Participate in strategic initiatives that mobilize volunteers to meet local needs through collaboration with community organizations.
- Increase the # of programs conducted annually and volunteers mobilized on National Service Days.
- Increase the # of participants in Annual Project Graduation programs conducted each year.
Goal #4: Lead a Network of Volunteer Leaders (NOVL), Maui Chapter, for Maui Volunteer Professionals.
- Increase the # of professional development and community networking facilitated annually.