The Administrative Program within the Office of the Mayor provides leadership and, in conjunction with the Department of Management, establishes and communicates basic management guidelines for all executive departments of the county. The program also serves as a liaison between the County Council as well as executive departments and agencies.
The Administration provides support services to county boards and commissions, responds to citizen concerns, organizes the county's legislative agenda, and coordinates internal county communications and the dissemination of information to the public.
Read below to learn more about goals, objectives and how the program measures success.
Goal #1: Serve as a liaison between community and government
- Provide assistance and follow up to constituents, county personnel and governmental agencies.
- Provide nominations and staff various Boards and Commissions entities.
Goal #2: Efficient gathering and delivery of information.
- Increase in # of subscribers to the Mayor's official website and County of Maui social network sites.
- Provide accurate press releases and official statements for media within 24-hour turnaround period.
Goal #3: Fostering new and existing relations in the local, state, federal and international arena.
- Provide full support for Hawaii Conference of Mayors (HCOM) through assisting other counties’ needs, improved relations with other mayors.
- Maintain relations with the County Council by having official dialogue meetings.
- Maintain and develop new relations with concerned officials at the federal and state-level of government.
- Rekindle and develop relationships with International Sister Cities.
Goal #4: Streamline resources
- Digitize documents and provide correspondences via e-mail such as Mayor’s incoming mail, letters, invitations, among others.
Goal #5: Promote health and wellness in the community.
- Conduct health and wellness-related events that promote a healthy lifestyle by implementing a Health and Wellness Policy within the County of Maui