Economic Development: Administration
Goal #1: Foster job creation within Maui County with new and expanding businesses.
- Assist and advocate for businesses in Maui County
- Promote businessess in Maui County
- Enhance Maui’s international relations through utilization of Sister City relationships, visitor industry outreach, and business promotion through international opportunities
Goal #2: Sustain existing jobs within Maui County by helping existing businesses.
- Promote Maui's unique towns and their businesses
- Advocate for the critical needs of each town
Goal #3: Communicate the work and successes of the Office of Economic Development
- Enhance communication within county government about the work and needs of OED.
- Enhance communication with the public about the work of OED.
- Enhance intra-office communication within OED offices and staff members.
Goal #4: Leverage revenues to OED through outside funding sources- federal and/or state.
- Increase the # of grant applications submitted with partners
- Foster relationships with potential funders
- Team with other private partners to strategically go after targeted funding