The Maui County Film Office (MCFO) is responsible for bringing social and economic benefits to the citizens of Maui County through the inception, retention and growth of film, television and new media industries. The services provided are necessary to establishing an effective film industry. This includes, but not limited to, assisting with policy decisions, fostering business relationships, and creating the necessary infrastructure to enable a thriving film industry in Maui County through strategic partnerships. The Film Office also lends guidance, support, education and assistance with obtaining county, state and federal permits.
Read below to learn more about goals, objectives and how the program measures success.
Goal #1: Create jobs in the film and television industry where none previously existed.
- Assist in the development and creation of re-training and college-level programs with the specific purpose of educating individuals so that they become employable within the film & television industries.
- Create an economic environment that will help nurture businesses & professionals who want to work in film and television.
Goal #2: Expand film, television and new media production.
Create a comprehensive approach to drawing producers and studios in-county.
Goal #3: Market Maui County to film, television and new media industries.
- Develop a working plan that will disseminate information easily to all media outlets.
- Manage the Maui County Film Office website to keep it informative and relevant.
- Maintain and promote vendor database in FilmMaui.com resource directory.