Grants management under the Economic Development Program is responsible for administering and managing grants funds under this program in an efficient and timely manner to enable grantees to carry out their projects effectively. Grants management provides grant administration and management services and training on grant application, county invoicing, payment and reporting procedures.
Read below to learn more about goals, objectives and how the program measures success.
Goal #1: Creating a process that awards strong, relevant projects to organizations that positively impact Maui County's economy.
- Educate potential grant applicants on OED grant funding guidelines and procedures.
- Manage grant proposal process to ensure program relevance and improve evaluation of grant.
- Improve OED's grant program to require and ensure grantee reporting deadlines are met.
Goal #2: Provide adequate support to grant recipients to ensure their compliance with grant disbursement procedures and reporting requirements.
- Provide training classes to grantees to ensure timely processing of reimbursement payments.
- Respond in a timely fashion to grant recipient inquiries relating to disbursement procedures and reporting requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting and intervention with grantees who are having challenges with their grants; conduct individual meetings as needed to provide appropriate guidance and resources.