Goal #1: Delivery of current key commitments.
- Implement Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Maui County safety & health program to promote and maintain a safe work environment and to reduce hazards for employees and the public.
Goal #2: Eliminate interdepartmental silos and confusion.
- Develop, implement and monitor Standard Operating Guidelines/Procedures (SOG/SOP’s) for the department as a living and fluid document.
- Update organizational charts according to operations.
- Develop a 3-5 year Strategic Plan for the department.
Goal #3: Improve pro-active communication with key stakeholders within and outside of the Parks Department.
- Provide improved and up-to-date community communication to ensure that accurate program information is available to the public.
- Develop a department newsletter to promote department programs to build awareness within the community.
- Develop a three-part Employee Training and Professional Development Program: Work Training, Professional Development, Leadership.
- Develop framework for a Partnership Program.