Highways Administration Program
The Highways Administration Program provides policy guidance, administrative oversight and support services to the Road, Bridge and Drainage Maintenance Program, Garage Services Program and Traffic Management Program of the Highways Division; and provides emergency management services to the County of Maui that would protect life, property and the environment.
Goal #1: Retain, develop and recruit a capable, motivated and diverse workforce.
- Develop employee professional plans for 80% of employees within the division by end of FY 2015.
- Maintain an average of 20 hours or more annually for supervisors to attend leadership trainings.
- Conduct at least four site visits annually to each base yard.
- Provide at least 8 hours of safety training annually to each employee.
Goal #2: Ensure the safe use of public spaces through inspection and compliance with enforcement actions to remove obstructions and landscaping on county road shoulders for pedestrians, bicyclists and animals.
- Maintain compliance with enforcement actions by increasing the # of inspections and maintenance of public spaces.
Goal #3: Enhance the cleanliness of the county through education, enforcement, collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders.
- Conduct informational sessions to educate the community regarding the division's responsibilities, enforcement actions and future projects.