Real Property Assessment Division
The Real Property Assessment (RPA) Division is funded under the Financial Services Program. The RPA Division is responsible for assessing all real property in the County of Maui. RPA Division also maintains property ownership records, administers various exemptions and use programs, maintains the county’s GIS base map, and establishes TMK for parcels that are designated on the county’s GIS maps. The Department of Planning relies on information from RPA for zoning and permit planning purposes. RPA has two service locations throughout the County of Maui.
Read below to learn more about goals, objectives and how the program measures success.
Goal #1: Increase public awareness by providing educational seminars and enhanced notices.
- Conduct at least eight public sessions annually to educate the public about services provided.
- Conduct at least eight public sessions annually to educate the public about exemption programs.
- Convert all forms to online fill-able forms.
Goal #2: Improve the efficiency and accuracy of assessments.
- Replace aging assessment software.
- Replace outdated construction cost manuals.
- Maintain a ratio performance of "good" or higher and conform to the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Standard.
Goal #3: Strengthen and support the professionalism and skills of our workforce by providing education and training opportunities.
- Increase the % of staff who attend the secondary IAAO certification course.
- Provide at least eight "in-house" staff training sessions annually.
- Increase the # of senior staff receiving IAAO accreditation
Goal #4: Focus on enforcement and compliance efforts for home exemption and condominium use programs, agricultural dedication and agricultural use.
- Increase the rate of compliance reviews for the home exemption program.
- Increase the rate of compliance reviews relating to the condominium use program.
- Increase the rate of physical inspections for parcels receiving agricultural dedication.
- Increase the rate of agricultural parcels that receive "agricultural use" that are physically inspected.